A boy, Jacob Drew Larson, 8 pounds, 9 ounces, 21 inches tall, was born Thursday, Oct. 17, at Blue Mountain Hospital in John Day to Justin and Emmaleigh Larson of Dayville. He joins a 2-year-old sister, Hallie Jean Larson. Grandparents are Jeff and Babette Larson of Dayville, and Shane and Tandi Schatz of Harrisburg. Great-grandparents are Joe Larson of Dayville, Terry and Nancy Schatz of Harrisburg, Debra Denton of Eugene, Buck and Kari Coe of Madras and Dave and Terri Denton of Heppner.
- Oregon State Police continues investigation of officer involved shooting
- Old wounds of Oregon’s timber wars take first step toward healing
- Missionaries help with a move
- The changing face of rural county fairs
- Cemetery cleanup 'just the right thing to do'
- Cops and Courts: Feb. 19, 2020
- House Republicans disrupt session Tuesday evening
- Growing the recreational economy in John Day
- Prairie City School evacuated Thursday but the object found was not a bomb
- Grant County firefighters participate in fire academy