Heike Pirngruber from Heidelberg, Germany, is pushing her little puppy and gear in a jogging stroller on a walk from the West Coast to the East Coast of the U.S. to raise awareness of the climate crisis. Along the way, she hopes to raise $50,000 in support of the charity One Tree Planted. Monday afternoon, she was at the Seneca store, and planning to head around through Logan Valley to Prairie City. For more information, visit pushbikegirl.com.
- Measure 114: What Oregon's new gun control law will mean
- Death notice: Jack Harvard Kight and Elaine May (Jenkins) Kight
- Painted Sky moving earlier than expected to make way for new Squeeze-In location
- Local Briefing: Nov. 30, 2022
- ‘The Masked Singer’ Season 8 Winner on Castmates Guessing Her: ‘Our Group Chat Went Crazy!’
- City of John Day looks into new pool plan, hopes to keep grant funding
- School closures: Dayville, Long Creek schools closed
- Death notice: Gary Gregg
- Cops and Courts: Dec. 7, 2022
- Grant County couple found dead in their home
Receive browser alerts on specific topics?
Sign up to receive news directly to your desktop. Click the bell icon in the nav bar, at any time to change your settings.