PRAIRIE CITY – Volunteers. They are often the silent secret behind successful endeavors and operations.
Prairie City recognized that fact last week at an appreciation luncheon held Sept. 25 in the public works building.
Awards went to:
• Frank Primozic – Museum Volunteer of the Year, presented by DeWitt Museum director Kathy Smith.
• Jim Sullens – Volunteer Fire Department, presented by Public Works Director Chris Camarena
• Prairie City Garden Club – Volunteer Group of the Year.
• Pat and Ardell O’Hara – For heading up the summer food program.
• Ed Negus – Volunteer of the Year, presented at City Hall by Taci Philbrook.
The Sept. 25 event drew a crowd of citizens, local business owners, city staff, volunteers and others, filling the public works building.
Organizers also gave out several door prizes, including gifts and baskets donated by local businesses.