The following events have been canceled due to public safety concerns from the new coronavirus:
• All school classes through March 31.
• All OSAA school activities and sports practices through March 31.
• The Grant County Ministerial Associations Lenten luncheons scheduled on Wednesdays.
• The Grant School District board meeting scheduled for March 18.
• Special Olympics basketball with local law enforcement scheduled for March 19.
• The Richardson Brothers and Friends show scheduled for March 20 at the Prairie City Senior Center.
• The Grant County Genealogical Society seminars planned March 21.
• Painted Sky Center for the Arts will be postponing most in-person events, including the March 17 book club meeting, until April 8. The young writer’s club will continue, but all of the activities will be hosted online only.
• Oregon RAIN in-person events through April 10.
• Ashley Stevick Yoga in-person classes through April 10.
• State Sen. Lynn Findley’s offices in Vale and Salem until further notice.
• Senior centers are closed for all activities until further notice. Each center is offering to-go or delivered meals. For more information, contact the local center: John Day, 541-575-1825; Prairie City, 541-820-4100; Monument, 541-934-2700.
Please contact the Eagle if an event is being cancelled at 541-575-0710 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.