Veterans in rural areas may qualify for housing loans and guarantees through the U.S. Department of Agriculture's farm loan program.

The USDA provides loans and guarantees to buy, improve or operate farms. Applications from veterans have preference. Farm loans are provided to family-size farmers and ranchers who cannot obtain commercial credit from a bank, Farm Credit System institution, or other lenders.

The USDA and Oregon Department of Veterans Affairs encourage veterans to seek information about the program. A link to more information is online at or by calling Grant County Veteran Service Officer Bryan G. Hunt, 541-575-1631

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.