Justin Joslin, 18, of Mt. Vernon receives his Boy Scouts of America Eagle award Feb. 29. His parents Kim and Ryan Joslin stand at his side at the Troop 800 Court of Honor. Scoutmaster Darrel McKrola made the award presentation and Master Sergeant Gordon Larson gave a speech at the event attended by about 60 well-wishers at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in John Day. For his Eagle project, Justin involved his Troop in building and staining five picnic tables for Grant Union Junior-Senior High School, which will mainly be used by students and visitors during football games and track meets.
- Man high on meth threatens couple: ‘Demon, Lucifer, I’m going to kill you both’
- Wolf killed in Baker County was breeding male from Cornucopia pack
- Wolf shot and killed in eastern Baker County
- Republican lawmakers sue Oregon governor over constitutionality of pandemic health orders
- Sheriff countersues Olson for defamation
- Larson prevails in contested water rights case
- Charles 'Larry' Wright
- Shooting the Breeze: The .25-06 Remington ... again
- Hospital board mulling severing ties with management company
- Cops and Courts: Oct. 21, 2020
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.