ERICK BENGEL PHOTO Two portable classrooms at the former Cannon Beach Elementary School are being donated by the Seaside School District to the South County Community Food Bank in Seaside. The food pantry must move from its present location on Roosevelt Drive and Avenue A because the land where it sits has been sold. The food bank board plans to purchase a lot north of the school district's bus barn near Seaside High School and asked district Superintendent Doug Dougherty if the portables were available. Dougherty has tentatively given permission pending the school board's approval to let the food pantry use the buildings at no cost. The food bank will pay to move them to the new location. A structural engineer has deemed them safe to use for the food pantry.
- God is bigger than our prayers
- Fired deputy sues county for whistleblower retaliation, wrongful discharge
- Anger mounts over Brown's newest timeline for vaccinating Oregon teachers, seniors
- Forest Service axes 21-inch rule
- Dollar General slated for grand opening in summer 2021
- Vaccination circulation: Grant County planned to vaccinate 400 people with the first dose by Wednesday
- Slowing down with familiar psalm brings comfort
- Column: A Catholic pastor speaks out about Trump. Some parishioners walk out.
- Off the Beaten Path: Lost and (hopefully) found
- Walter Duane Osborne
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.