Photo by Don Anderson With 21 years experience as a bar pilot, Thron Riggs knows the mouth of the Columbia River as well as anyone alive. Part of a crew of 12, Riggs rotates on a two-week on, two-week off basis, to help ensure he is well rested and alert when piloting ships across the Columbia River bar.
- DA: Fatal John Day shooting was in self-defense, initial investigation shows
- Deputy recorded on jail phone having sexual conversations with inmate paid over $100,000 during 18-month leave
- Who is running for local office?
- Grant County reports tenth COVID-19 case
- Cops and Courts: Sept. 23, 2020
- Prayer for Albany
- Grant County reports ninth COVID-19 case
- Catholic community divided, angry in wake of La Crosse priest's video denouncing Democrats
- Joseph Lee Humbert
- First Community Credit Union makes way into John Day
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.