Pam Heard was all smiles as she tested out a 2002 400 Sportsman Polaris four-wheeler from John Day Polaris, grand prize in a fund-raiser for the Blue Mountain Health Care Foundation. Pam and her husband Curt of Seneca showed up at KJDY Radio on Sept. 6 to see who would win in a finalists' drawing. Foundation member Denice Seebart (at right in the picture) drew names, and Pam won the four-wheeler, while fellow contestant Gordon Larson (shown at far left) received $100. Foundation president Jack Southworth announced the results on the radio. Others who received prizes in the drawing included Edison Rossiter, $75; Stella Larson, $50; and Karen Kuk, $25. With the help of drawings and contributed auction items, the foundation raised more than $8,000 at a July 12 banquet and auction.
- DA: Several alleged thieves identified
- Petition to recall Oregon governor circulating in rural counties
- Multiple thefts reported in Prairie City
- Masks to be required in indoor public spaces statewide starting Wednesday
- Move Oregon’s Border movement progressing
- Human-caused fire near Kimberly destroys structure Wednesday
- Eviction shield extended through Sept. 30
- County department heads criticize court over lack of leadership and communication
- ODFW seeks input on potential Eastern Oregon archery, Cascade elk season changes
- Circuit Attorney's Office says blows thrown at protest of St. Louis statue are under investigation
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.