Runway lights at the Grant County Regional Airport are not functioning, limiting nighttime landings for planes.
Grant County Airport Manager Haley Walker appealed to the Grant County Court for permission to purchase a new regulator for the runway lights at the Feb. 15 meeting. The court approved her request to use a portion of the airport’s budget to pursue a new regulator. Walker received quotes between $12,000-15,000 for the regulator.
Walker also received approval from the court to guarantee part-time employees at least 19.5 hours a week in order to help retain employees and avoid costs associated with acquiring new workers.
The court also:
• awarded an insurance contract to Bisnett Insurance.
• awarded the annual audit to Oster Professional Group.
• approved Grant County senior programs manager Veanne Weddle’s request for a new computer.
• reviewed and signed an amendment to an Oregon Health Authority agreement regarding the treatment of tuberculosis.
• approved funds spent by Victim Assistance Director Andrea Officer for community awareness campaigns.