An expansion of Blue Mountain Hospital which started in May of 2001 nears the end of its second phase. The building's facade takes shape as well on the north-facing construction site. Work left to be done in the second phase includes electrical and heating and air conditioning installations and flooring and ceiling installations. Pence-Kelly Construction LLC of Salem was hired as the lead contractor to build a new emergency room, intensive care unit, patient rooms, obstetrics suite, major operating room and clinic and administrative space adjacent to and surrounding the existing hospital. The second phase includes a new lobby, dietary area, medical records area, outpatient and therapy rooms, radiology laboratory, second surgery suite, recovery rooms and nursery. Other components of the second phase include a chapel, gift shop, hearing examination center, cafeteria and dining room, chemotherapy room, pharmacy and mammography and ultrasound facilities. When the entire building project is finished, the hospital will offer 21 beds and numerous new medical services. The total construction contract for $6,964,850 falls within a special bond vote designating up to $7 million in property taxes for hospital improvements. Completion of the second phase originally was scheduled for October 2002, but delays have pushed that date back to this August or September, according to chief executive officer Bob Houser.
- Suspect arrested for murder, arson in 2018 deaths of couple in Grant County
- Lack of COVID-19 insurance may hamper schools
- Petition to recall Oregon governor circulating in rural counties
- Community planning to raise money for Grant Union boy's basketball head coach with online auction and grab-and-go lunch
- Richard 'Dick' and Evelyn Ray
- Health Department: New Grant County COVID-19 case likely to be reported was actually in Idaho
- McCracken takes first in state in cow cutting
- Riding for those who can't: Highway 26 dedicated to POW/MIA
- Behind the mask: People with health problems treated differently while following guidelines
- Cops and Courts: July 8, 2020
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.