Oregon Department of Forestry Central Oregon District officials have implemented a regulated-use closure. Some of the restrictions include: Except on highways and county roads, motor vehicle travelers are required to carry a shovel and a gallon of water or one 2.5-pound or larger fire extinguisher; smoking is prohibited except in vehicles on improved roads; open fires are prohibited; chain saw and use and mowing of dried grass is prohibited between 1-8 p.m; and vehicle use is only permitted on improved roads. Fireworks are prohibited. For a full list of restrictions, visit oregon.gov/odf/fire/pages/restrictions.aspx.
- The uncomfortable Church
- North Idaho mother relieved son's remains are back in the United States after nine weeks in Mexico morgue
- Missing man found after six nights
- Juniper Ridge to shut down Nov. 9
- Grant County reports 12th COVID-19 case
- Civil rights lawsuit filed by private Christian school against Oregon officials for religious discrimination
- Cops and Courts: Oct. 28, 2020
- Oregon’s hospitality industry calls on state to change public health orders
- Oregon City Commissioner proposes tighter restrictions on federally deputized police officers
- John Day approves housing incentive rebates
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.