Oregon Department of Forestry’s Central Oregon District has increased restrictions on private, state and municipally owned lands protected by the district. Activities below are restricted by the regulated closure. Additional restrictions and the full proclamation can be accessed at oregon.gov/odf/fire/pages/restrictions.aspx
• Possession of the following firefighting equipment is required while traveling in a motorized vehicle, except on federal and state highways, county roads and driveways: one shovel and 1 gallon of water or one operational 2.5-pound or larger fire extinguisher, except all-terrain vehicles and motorcycles, which must be equipped with an approved spark arrestor in good working condition.
• Smoking is prohibited while traveling, except in vehicles on improved roads.
• Open fires are prohibited, including campfires, charcoal fires, cooking fires and warming fires, except in designated areas.
• Chainsaw use is prohibited, between the hours of 10 a.m. and 8 p.m. Chainsaw use is permitted at all other hours, if the following firefighting equipment is present with each operating saw: one ax, one shovel and one operational 8-ounce or larger fire extinguisher. In addition, a fire watch is required at least one hour following the use of each saw.
• Mowing dried grass with power driven equipment is prohibited, between 10 a.m. and 8 p.m., except for the commercial culture or harvest of agricultural crops.
For more information, visit odfcentraloregon.com.