Arrests and CitationsJohn Day Police Nov. 4 - Robert Glen Matthew, 48, Palm Springs, Calif., was cited for possession of less than one ounce of marijuana. Nov. 8 - Margaret L. Sampson, 51, Pendleton, was cited for no operator's license. Nov. 9 - Kevin L. Percy 16, John Day, was cited for violation of the basic speed rule.Prairie City Police Oct. 31 - Joseph Balero, 28, White City, was cited for violation of basic speed rule (70/55 zone). Nov. 4 - Charles Ochs, 22, Madras, was cited for violation of basic speed rule (40/25 zone). Nov. 4 - James Helstowski, 22, La Grande, was cited for violation of basic speed rule (80/55 zone). Nov. 4 - Jeffrey Wheeler, 30, Stayton, was cited for violation of basic speed rule (73/55 zone). Nov. 6 - Barbara Scott, 61, Prairie City, was arrested for possession of a controlled substance and prostitution. Nov. 6 - Ivan Lattymer, 61, Prairie City, was arrested for prostitution. Nov. 7 - James Beard, 24, Baker City, was cited for violation of basic speed rule (75/55 zone) and failure to carry proof of insurance.Accidents and IncidentsJohn Day Dispatch Nov. 4 - John Day and Mt. Vernon fire departments were dispatched to the scene of a reported hay truck fire on Highway 26 near Braggaway Lane. Nov. 6 - John Day Ambulance was dispatched to an accident on Highway 26 were a potato truck reportedly ran off the road. Nov. 6 - John Day Ambulance was dispatched to a location in Canyon City for a 71-year-old male who was reportedly semi-responsive. Nov. 7 - Long Creek and John Day ambulances were dispatched for a 57-year-old female who was reportedly suffering from arterial fibrillation. Nov. 7 - Monument and John Day ambulances were dispatched for a 50-year-old male who was reportedly suffering seizures.Oregon State Police Nov. 2 - Troopers are investigating a report of the illegal taking of a bull elk near Holmes Creek on the Longview Ranch property.
- COVID-19 claims another life in Grant County
- Taser, pepper spray deployed during arrest Thursday
- Woman dies in ATV crash near Ukiah Saturday
- Despite valid arguments against COVID-19 lockdowns, misinformation muddies the waters in Grant County
- Oregon Senate vote sends gun legislation to Gov. Brown
- Variant of interest at play in Grant County
- Archdiocese of Hartford settles credible sexual abuse allegation made against former priest, teacher at East Catholic High School in Manchester
- Cops and Courts: May 5, 2021
- A year without knocking on doors
- Far-right groups hold gun-rights rally in Oregon park, threaten media
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.