The Oregon Department of Forestry declared Saturday will be the end of this year’s wildfire season in its Central Oregon district.
As flames from the KNP Complex threatened to race up a steep slope toward the remote Muir Grove of giant sequoias, officials at Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks had to think fast.
Wilco established the FFA Forever Program in 2012, and since then has pledged more than $1.5 million in support for the organization. Oregon FFA has 111 local chapters with 11,375 youth member…
Oregon Sen. Ron Wyden introduced the River Democracy Act in February, based on more than 15,000 public nominations from all corners of the state. On Aug. 31, Wyden defended the bill during an…
Conditions remain likely for more blazes in areas of Oregon and Washington suffering from extreme drought, said Ian Rickert, regional fire management planning specialist for the U.S. Forest Se…
Oregon Wildfire News
- Crane operator hurt in explosion at John Day lumber mill
- Redmond man charged with Grant County sex crimes
- Mt.Vernon man arrested on burglary, theft charges
- John Day to suspend police department Oct. 31
- COVID claims two more Grant County lives
- Driver killed in crash on Highway 26 near Mt. Vernon
- Cops and Courts: Oct. 13, 2021
- Death notice: Diane Mary Holthouse
- Man of steel: Local homebuilder touts benefits of steel-frame construction
- USDA stands by Wildlife Services' killing of wolf pups