Senator Ron Wyden speaks Tuesday night in Portland, the first of four lecturers in a series marking the 50th anniversary of the Gulf of Tonkin resolution. Wyden tells the Salem Statesman-Journal he'll be speaking about his ongoing battle with the National Security Agency over transparency. Whistleblower Edward Snowden's recent revelations on NSA surveillance have given Wyden's concerns new energy. He says there's an opportunity to reform the Patriot Act's surveillance provisions when key parts expire in mid-2015.
- God is bigger than our prayers
- Fired deputy sues county for whistleblower retaliation, wrongful discharge
- Forest Service axes 21-inch rule
- Column: A Catholic pastor speaks out about Trump. Some parishioners walk out.
- Dollar General slated for grand opening in summer 2021
- Vaccination circulation: Grant County planned to vaccinate 400 people with the first dose by Wednesday
- Inauguration day prayer vigil
- Walter Duane Osborne
- Off the Beaten Path: Lost and (hopefully) found
- Oregon scrambles COVID-19 vaccine priority list again
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.