It's been called Grant County's onramp a state-of-the-art aviation facility high on the mesa above the City of John Day.
Land where the four seasons reign. Spring, summer, autumn, winter each casts the beauty of the area in a new light and brings new opportunities for recreation. Whether youre drawn to hiking trails, scenic rivers, wildlife viewing, or the sunny climate, Grant County has plenty to offer.
Slip on your hiking boots and get exploring ...
John Day Farmers Market
For additional information on cycling in Grant County, contact Mike Cosgrove of John Day, who is chairman of the Scenic Bikeway Committee for Oregon State Parks, at 541-575-0318 or email@example.com.
Here are five top routes to try out:
Snowmobilers will find cool sledding and a warm welcome from the Grant County Snowballers, who offer activities, facilities and information for visitors and locals alike.
More than 2,000 riders will Saddle Up, as the theme says, for Cycle Oregons 2013 this September.
Cyclists riding in Grant County should watch for the Two Wheels Spoken Here signs at local businesses and other sites.
Enjoy target shooting? Need a place to safely sight in your rifle? Enjoy various competitive shooting events? Various shooting events take place throughout the year. The ranges also offer by-permission use of their facilities.
Kam Wah Chung and Company Museum and Interpretive Center, 125 NW Canton St., John Day, 541-575-2800. Open every day, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. No admission fee, although donations are welcome. Opens Sunday, May 1.
Sponsored by Eastern Oregon Realty and Claude & Bobbie Baker
Welcome to the 2010 Grant County Fair & Rodeo, where "Hometown Pride is Shared Countywide." We are excited to have all of our friends in the community join us for another great year. Come visit the fair for an exciting week of attractions, carnival rides, animal exhibits, vendors and an …
8 a.m. Registration and Staging of floats & cars at Grant Union High School as follows:
- Crane operator hurt in explosion at John Day lumber mill
- Redmond man charged with Grant County sex crimes
- Mt.Vernon man arrested on burglary, theft charges
- John Day to suspend police department Oct. 31
- COVID claims two more Grant County lives
- Driver killed in crash on Highway 26 near Mt. Vernon
- Cops and Courts: Oct. 13, 2021
- Death notice: Diane Mary Holthouse
- Man of steel: Local homebuilder touts benefits of steel-frame construction
- USDA stands by Wildlife Services' killing of wolf pups