The Center for Disease Control and Prevention offers a nifty feature on its website: Five Minutes or Less for Health.
A recently weekly tip urged people to “make health your resolution” in 2015. The feature offered several ways to boost your health, fitness, and well-being-as well as “be an inspiration to others”
So here they are:
• Make healthy food choices. Grab a healthy snack on the go. Eat more fruits and vegetables
• Be active. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Park farther away and walk.
• Protect yourself from injury and disease. Put on a helmet, sunscreen, or insect repellent. Wash your hands for 20 seconds.
• Manage stress. Don’t overschedule or overcommit. Take short breaks throughout the day.
• Make an appointment for check-up, vaccination, or screening.
• Quit smoking. Call 1-800-QUIT- NOW for free counseling on how to quit smoking for good.
For more information, visit www.cdc.gov/family/minutes/tips/.