If you’re looking for gifts to shower on your outdoor-loving friends and family, you don’t have to look far.
Friendly local merchants can help you find just what you need, and you won’t even have to push and shove at a mall.
Whether the person you have in mind has a passion for hunting, fishing, camping or just the outdoors in general there are plenty of great gift ideas within local reach. Here’s a sample:
• Garmin GPS at Nydam’s Ace Hardware. This handy gadget will help the recipient navigate whatever outdoor adventures they choose.
• RZR 1000 at John Day Polaris. For the person who has everything, surprise them with keys to an all-terrain vehicle. This Razor comes fully loaded, ready to take on any terrain with 110 horsepower and a smooth ride.
• Military backpack at Good Deals. U.S. Army-made, this heavy duty pack is equipped for the long haul with cinch straps to keep the load in place.
• Leupold BX-1 Rogue binoculars at John Day True Value. These high-performance, waterproof binoculars come in black and mossy oak and will be an instant favorite with its contemporary, yet rugged and reliable design.
• Martin Archery Lithium Compound Bow at Andy’s Pumbing and Sports in Canyon City. With a mix of smoothness, speed and stability, the Lithium delivers a silent, shock-free shot for your favorite hunter.
• HECS Stealthscreen clothing sets at Jonna’s Hair Care in John Day. Hunters could gain that edge they need with HECS technology, which uses carbon fiber conductive grid in the fabric, reducing the body’s energy field and detectability.
• Strike King fishing lures at Gibco in Canyon City. These fishing lures, available in a range of proven colors, are sure to bring a smile to the fishing enthusiast on your list.