A free PDF of the full special section celebrating achievements in our communities.
- Arrested Grant County deputy accused of assault, attempted rape by spouse
- ODOT asks drivers to slow for construction after flagger struck in Mt. Vernon
- LSU students join to mourn the death of University freshman found dead in Cypress Hall with vigil
- Shooting the Breeze: Wolf sightings
- HUNT GUIDE: Madden bags four big game animals in one season
- Final Innovation Gateway plan presented
- Cops and Courts: Sept. 11, 2019
- Supreme Court ruling on unanimous jury verdicts could throw decades of Oregon convictions into question
- Grant County deputy arrested on attempted rape, other charges
- Prairie City volleyball sweeps three teams over weekend
In his first state of the city address in March 2018, John Day City Manager Nick Green called on the city to be smart about spending and to stick with its strategy for success.
The collapse of the timber industry in Grant County over the past decades negatively impacted the entire community, from jobs to schools to public services.
The challenges facing Grant County are clearly economic. Loss of timber mill jobs has impacted all sectors of the local economy. But there are successes. County government continues to provide…
This year is shaping up to be a banner year for tourism in Grant County.
Long Creek is a can-do community.
Two major upgrades in Dayville, supported by significant grants, include the renovation of the 99-year-old Dayville Community Hall and 95-year-old Dayville School.
At 4,690 feet on Highway 395 in Bear Valley, the small town of Seneca was a company town that has evolved over the years into a cohesive community serving surrounding ranches and occasional tourists.
Prairie City took a hit in 2009 with the closure of the Prairie Wood Products mill outside of town and a general decline in timber production during the past decades.
Monument is a town where everyone waves hello.
Canyon City has the richest history of any community in Grant County. Founded in June 1862 with a gold rush that drew 10,000 miners within months, making it the largest city in Oregon, Canyon …
The Grant County Economic Development office offers a wide variety of assistance, both in knowledge with business and organization planning and the ability to connect with funding and other re…
The People Mover has come a long way since it was founded in the 1970s. Still considered a frontier county, it was once a small, volunteer-ran program through the Senior Citizens Association t…
Mt. Vernon city officials are moving on three major projects, including wastewater system upgrades, city park improvements and a new location for city hall, which will create space for a new museum.
Bringing broadband internet connectivity to Grant County has been a geographic, financial and political challenge, but some light glimmers at the end of the tunnel.
Two years ago, the city of John Day embarked on an ambitious project — to purchase and restore the Oregon Pine mill site to create a home for our new wastewater treatment plant. But it wasn’t …