The Prairie City girls basketball team claimed a 60-12 victory over Four Rivers Thursday in the first round of the High Desert League Tournament in John Day. The Panthers will take on the Jordan Valley Mustangs at 1 p.m. Friday.
From beginning to end, the Panthers dominated the game and gained momentum.
The Panthers scored throughout the night and minimized scoring opportunities for the Falcons. Freshman BettyAnn Wilson led the night with 18 points scored in the game. Senior Hailee Wall scored 9 points, and the majority of the team scored as well.
Head coach Bo Workman was happy with the victory leading into the game against Jordan Valley (7-1 league, 17-7 overall). Workman said the team played well together and did a great job with rebounds. He said the next game against Jordan Valley will be tough.
"We have to keep one foot in front of the other," Workman said. "(Friday) we are facing a team we have not beat yet, and they are really good."
- Jaden Smith gripped by anxiety
- Second arrest made in connection to 2018 murder of couple in Grant County
- Third COVID-19 case reported in Grant County
- Firefighters battling 100-acre blaze north of Burns
- OSAA delays final decision on fall sports
- Man dies in motorcycle crash Sunday in Harney County
- Two men arrested in John Day drug bust Thursday
- Mask mandate misinformation
- Brown says virus spike, political stalemate led to Umatilla County rollback
- Pool plan sinks: City no longer moving forward on aquatics center